Saturday, November 15, 2008

Heart Stopping

My heart was racing. My stomach fluttering. What was going to happen? How would this work out?? What were we going to do?

I was at my first ever clothing swap and oh was it fun and anxiety ridden. Yes, anxiety. Anxious because we weren't quite sure how it would all work out. It sounded so much simpler in our heads. People bring X number of items and then in turn get to shop for X number of items. Yeah. Not quite that simple. There's the question of what happens when multiple people want one item. What were we to do? We'd done our research. We saw what other people did. None seemed quite right.

It was so much fun. Not just the clothes part, but getting to hang out with a bunch of great woman. Getting to have "mommy" time. What a blessing. We all need a little break now and then and I was so thankful to get my break last night. It was refreshing. It was fun. It was a wonderful deep breath.



I also discovered that I get a little competitive. Oh yes. There were a few things I had my eye on and I must admit I was quite disappointed that I didn't get to go home with them. But, I did end up with a couple new tops that are quite sassy and fun (thanks for letting me have the green one Annette!)



I also got to be around some women that just fill me up. They are women that have the most beautiful hearts. They are wise. They are caring. They are authentic. I just want to soak in their wisdom. I am so thankful that I get to call them "friend".

God is so good. I sat looking around the room, thankful for each of those women that were there. Thankful that they wanted to come have some fun and help us raise a little money for childcare for our Mom's group. Thankful for the conversations I got to have. Thankful to get to know these women a little better.

Thank you God for these moments!

5 comments:

Julie D. said...

there you go touching bellies again! ...I think we should put you by the door of church and welcome all the pregnant mamas with a meredith belly rub! I'll miss my Meredith belly rubs!...now that doesn't sound right! ;) so wish i could have been there.

Audrey said...

wish i could've been there! it sounds like everyone had a lot of fun!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

oh i just love this! great friends are a blessing for sure! clothing swap....hmmmm...never heard of it. how was it?

Dee said...

Maybe I'll get to go to the spring one. But I'm sure I won't be a size 4. I sure liked Lettie's bling, bling buns on Sunday! She had some smokin hot jeans on and she was sure struttin!

Look like some girl fun! I got to stay home and talk about finances with my hubby and take care of my teething baby! But hey, it was where I needed to be!

Mara said...

I had fun with you!!! Let's do it again!