I'm not so sure I'm creative and I don't really know the "rules" on this, but hey, she didn't either. She passed it on to three so, I'll do the same.I'm starting with Rebecca. She and I have been friends since kindergarten. When my family moved from Southern California, she and I continued to keep in touch by writing letters. We were too young for the phone at that point and we never really graduated to the phone. We wrote letters back and forth for years... through boyfriends and break-ups. Graduations and weddings. Even into having babies. I don't remember the last time we wrote an actual letter as we're both busy moms now, but we still keep in touch. She is a great friend. A friend I don't see or talk to often, but we pick right back up where we left off. I love her! She's got a great blog about her family and for my wonderful friends that love to take pictures, she's a great photographer too!
Then there's Trish. Oh how she makes me laugh and warms my heart. There's just something about her. I love her writing. I love her! She's a great friend. I found out a secret about her a few months ago though. A secret that rocked my world. As I've mentioned before, I love to hug. After church one Sunday I walked up to Trish and gave her a big hug. She's a great hugger. You know how some people's hugs make everything better? That's what hers are to me. She feels safe. Guess what I found out after that hug? She's not a hugger!!! I'd been hugging her for months and I had no idea. Not even a hint. Another friend that was standing there said something about her hugging. I was shocked! Thankfully, she still hugs me. Thankfully, I think I'm pulling her over to the world of hugging. I'm so thankful for Trish!
Finally, because she's one of the most creative people I know and a wonderful friend too, there's Eryn. She is amazing!! She has been working her fanny off. Making beautiful treasures to sell for funds for the adoption of a baby girl from Ethiopia. Her treasures are beautiful and so is she. She is an amazing friend. She is gracious. She is loving. She is authentic. She is encouraging. She's who I want to be when I grow up. She's a blessing to all who know her!
Now, my friends who I've passed this award along to, please don't feel like you need to pass it on. I won't put that pressure on you...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moving along. I realized last night that I seem to complain about my craziness (not mental, of course. The kid kind. Although the mental could be there!) I started to think that people might get the wrong idea about me. They might just think I don't like my kids. I mean, really, does every one's kids drive them nuts like mine do, or am I alone in this? So, to show that I really and truly do love my children and my husband I'm doing a little tribute. Both to remind myself and to tell the world...
Moving along. I realized last night that I seem to complain about my craziness (not mental, of course. The kid kind. Although the mental could be there!) I started to think that people might get the wrong idea about me. They might just think I don't like my kids. I mean, really, does every one's kids drive them nuts like mine do, or am I alone in this? So, to show that I really and truly do love my children and my husband I'm doing a little tribute. Both to remind myself and to tell the world...
First, my husband. Oh how I love my husband. Cory is the perfect man for me. He loves me for me. He could care less if he comes home to me, day after day, with greasy hair, dirty sweatpants and a greasy face to boot. He doesn't care. He thinks I'm beautiful. He is a great Dad. He loves playing with his kids. He has a great sense of humor and can make me laugh even when I'm angry (don't tell him though!) I love him. I love that God created us for each other. God is so good!
"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one’s youth. Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them..." Psalm 127:3-5
7 comments:
So glad you liked your award & you said some sweet things back so thank you!
I totally get what you mean about how much the kids drive you crazy but you love them no matter what! I have been having one of those night & could really use a time-out! So thanks for the break!!
i don't think you talk to much about the craziness. we all feel that way. love that you are you. We know you adore your kids. great pics.
oh girl, if only you knew how much this post just lifted me up! Not only because of the award, but because at this very moment I am so frustrated with Ben that all I could think about was his frustrating traits. Now I am going to clean the kitchen and spend that time thinking about what makes him a gret kid!
BTW he's been in bed since 6pm!!!!
Love you, love your hugs......and I totally want to be a hugger, I just need to learn how, and you are a fabulous teacher!
Aw, shucks! You are too too kind. I'm glad you like me crafty treasures, now I just hope they sell! :) If not, your girl just may get that tutu for christmas! :)
I love you and treasure your friendship. I am really missing you! Our daily chats and playdates. REALLY miss it. I hope next week, I can stop running...can we play coffee on Tuesday? (oh, and I guess our kids can play too)
Stop it! Stop making me cry almost every stinkin' time I read your blog! I now keep kleenex on top of the computer desk, thanks to you! The way you talk about your kids...I don't know why it just gets to me so much! Maybe because I know you so well and I truly know the emotions you feel behind those words. I'm so thankful for you Mere! So thankful that God facilitated our friendship! Love you!
What a sweet tribute, Mere! Very moving...and cute pics!
Hey, thanks for the award! Like you said, not sure what it means, but flattering none the less!
I treasure our friendship exactly because it is so unlike any other that I have. It was easier to share things with you growing up for the very reason that you were so far away and didn't know any of the same people that I did. There was freedom in that, I think.
About the kids---but the crazy stories are so entertaining!! This is a place for you to vent and um, ramble therapeutically, right?
Post a Comment