I had no clue. Jackson and Ella went upstairs to get dressed yesterday. They were going to play soccer in the back yard. These are the outfits they chose. When asked what they were wearing? This is how the soccer players do it Mom. Nice. Apparently, soccer players where lots of layers, fold their socks over and don't like to match much. Love it!
On another note, I spent a wonderful evening last night with a group of women that I am so thankful to know. These women are all so in love with the Lord and so desire to do His will. They are passionate about connecting with other moms. They so desire for women to not feel alone as we walk this path of motherhood. This is a group of women that God has put together so perfectly. This group is the leadership team for our Mom's group. We got together last night so that we could bless these woman who give so much of themselves and so that we could dedicate our coming season to the Lord. So we could ask for His blessings. So we could pray for the mom's who have decided to come and those who are on the fence. I didn't want to leave. My heart felt full and I always want more time with them than what I get.
What I love is that we all know that we are only qualified to do this because we have God. Without Him, we are just empty vessels. What's amazing to me, though, is how the enemy loves to prey on us. We know they are lies. We know that he is there waiting to pounce. Yet, sometimes, in our weakest and loneliest moments we think these lies to be true. One that really struck me was that some feel their kids are too old. That because they are no longer sleep deprived and dealing with diapers that they have no place in this mom's group. I had no clue. As long as we're moms don't we need each other to lean on? I know that for me, I cling to the women who have children the same age as my own. After having 4 babies, that's relatively easy. I can do diapers and babies. It's the older ones that are hard. It's the older ones that cause me to tear my hair out. It's the older ones that make me run to my friends and ask for support.
My lie is a hard one to share. I feel like a dork. I feel like it sounds like I'm fishing. But because I'm choosing to be authentic, I will share. My lie, at least I hope it's a lie, is that I'm not liked. I know that Eryn loves me (she tells me so!) but, I wonder about the rest. I know that I talk a lot. Sometimes too much. I tend to be an advice giver. I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut. I wonder if I bug the girls. Do they just want me to shut up? I haven't been very present at mom's the last two seasons due to life's circumstances... do they see me as flaky? I'm so not trying to fish, just revealing my deepest insecurities for all to read.
The other thing that struck me was how when someone shared their insecurity, we all could see it for the lie that it was. The lie they heard couldn't be further from the truth. These women are all such amazing, wonderful and perfect creations. They are all such a vital part to our group. They are perfectly made to do their "job". Psalm 33:15 says "He fashions their hearts individually; he considers all their works." We are all uniquely made for His purposes. How cool is that? He knit us together, knowing what our purpose would be. Knowing the path we would walk. Knowing the obstacles we would face. Knowing how we would grow. Knowing exactly where we needed to be.
I took a huge leap of faith this year. In all my life, when I've taken a spiritual gifts test, leadership has NEVER been at the top. It's been at the bottom. It is something that I sprint from. I am not a leader. And yet, here I am, helping to lead this amazing group. I am so NOT qualified. I know this. When I was praying about this position, that Psalm spoke to me. Knowing that my abilities didn't matter. It's not about my abilities. It's about God. I mean, how awesome is God? He can take a women who has no leadership abilities and put her in a place of leadership. I know that it is only God. As long as I continue to look to Him and His will, I'm doing exactly what He intended for me to do.
Eryn and I really sought the Lord in planning this dinner. We wanted to give the women a verse that would help them cling to the Lord's truth and dismiss the enemy's lies.
God gave us 2 Corinthians 4
1 Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. 2 Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to everyone's conscience in the sight of God. 3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. 6 For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God's glory displayed in the face of Christ.
7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11 For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body. 12 So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.
13 It is written: "I believed; therefore I have spoken." Since we have that same spirit of faith, we also believe and therefore speak, 14 because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you to himself. 15 All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
I am so very very thankful that God has brought all these "unqualified" women together. They are not only a huge blessing to the mom's who come on Thursday mornings, but they are also such a blessing to my soul.
Thank you Lord!!
3 comments:
What a great post!
You are beautiful and authentic, and I LOVE you!!
I have a lie that I have chosen to believe that keeps me from committing to coming to anything related to women and mothering......sad, huh.
I'll be there.
Okay seriously, way too authentic. You are raising the bar of blogging! :-) I love you Meredith and so enjoy that you like to go deep. I feel like we can talk about anything and I love that. You inspire me. . .
Um, I know I tell you this like, everyday, but I love you too!
I loved every minute of planning with you and sharing in seeking the Lord on behalf of the ministry. I'm right there with you on the "no leadership" on my resume...but, here we are. God must (He better) have a plan for us :) Love you, Love you, Love you.
Post a Comment