
There are some new buddies in my house. Their names are Jackson and Ella. The same Jackson and Ella who have never had much to do with each other. The same Jackson and Ella that often just get on each other's nerves. Monday summed up their time together. It was
awful. If they weren't fighting, they were whining. But then... Tuesday came. Oh my! They were
inseparable. They had so much fun! Ella kept hugging Jackson and saying, "you're my best friend Jackson!" I barely recognized them! I had to take pictures. This might not last! Then came Wednesday. Praise the Lord, they were still friends! I was having a snack and Ella came downstairs. She said, "can I have one? And can I take one to Jackson too please?" I'm pretty sure my children have never asked on their own to take a snack to someone else. Usually, they're getting sent from the other sibling.
I was thinking about their behavior. They have never really had to be friends. Jackson has always had Caden or preschool. Ella has had Brenton for as long as she can remember. However, now that Caden is in school full time and Jackson is not in preschool, there's a whole different dynamic. I was praising the Lord the other day for giving us this solution. To keep Jackson home this year. If we had sent him to kindergarten, he and Ella would not have had this opportunity to be best friends. If he had stayed in preschool, the same would be true. Instead, here we are at home and I feel so blessed to hear those wonderful, sweet words coming out of my daughter's mouth.

I also love that I have a new playmate. His name is Brenton. He's always had big sis to play with and now that she's a little preoccupied, he sure is loving to play with me. What a great year I think we'll have!
No comments:
Post a Comment