Thursday, September 18, 2008

Just An Accident

Could this be an accident?

Or what about this?



This???

How cool is God? The amazing carrots were picked out of our garden yesterday. Cole had to brace himself just to pull the things out of the ground. I'm pretty sure I have never seen a carrot that size. The kids loved them.

And the tomatoes. Yum. I've never been one that likes tomatoes. This year however, yum. Throw some basil and some garlic in there and I'm in heaven. AND we even canned some last night. AND I LIKED it!!! I've never liked to can, but tomatoes are easy. I can totally can tomatoes!

Then there's the zucchini. Oh my! Our family loves us some zucchini. Although Caden may be on a food strike with most foods, he'll eat his zucchini. Half his plate was filled with zucchini and he wanted more.

As I was making our dinner last night and canning tomatoes, I just thought about how cool God is. It amazes me that someone could think that this is all an accident. That there is no Creator. But, I know. I know that God loves us so much that he placed us in this world. Not only did he put us here, he put us in a beautiful place where we get to enjoy amazing food grown right in our own backyard. He could have just left us with brown mush to eat. Instead, his imagination went wild and we ended up with the most beautiful and interesting foods.

Thank you God for loving us so much. Thank you that we don't just have to eat brown mush!

4 comments:

Julie D. said...

That is one cool carrot!

Trish said...

I love to look at our beautiful life and see that the obviousness and greatness of our creation!

That carrot is so cool!

And if Caden will eat zuchini still I'd say your doing pretty good.

Lee Ann said...

Meredith, I love your blog! I love your daily inspirations and words of wisdom.

I haven't canned tomatoes yet. Don't you have to boil them forever? I just freeze them.

And that is one awesome carrot! What fun!

Meredith said...

Yes, you do need to water bath them for quite awhile... 45 minutes. But, it wasn't bad because we just did 1 batch. That's the beauty of them coming out of our backyard. I don't think I would have like it as much if I had done say, 75lbs. of them all at once!