What an amazing place this blogland is. I was over checking on the CF Husband yesterday and went to check on another family he had linked for prayers. This family has gone through so much. They had a little boy born with Trisomy 18 back in January who did not survive and are now pregnant with a little girl. She is, I believe, about 26 weeks along and is in the hospital because she has started going into premature labor. To read her blog is amazing. She is such a strong women of faith. When I went to go check on her, I noticed I could not get to her blog. CF Husband said they she had been hacked so as I read the comments under his post I saw a post by one of this gals friends. I thought, hey, she might have an update and clicked on her name. Five minutes and many tears later I was so thankful I clicked on her name.
You see, the amazing thing is her story is completely different than mine. Yet her pain, I get. Her words went straight to my heart as she talked about trusting God. Simply trusting God. As I read her words I was struck by a number of things. One, how God's truth is just that, God's truth. It doesn't matter the situation, the pain, the joy, it's all God's truth. Not someone's opinion. Not someone's advice. We all know where we need to go when we are hurting. We know this and yet, sometimes it's hard to go there. However, when we do get there, we will all find the same thing. God's never changing words of truth. Thankfully, in this world, in this day, we have people willing to put their lives out their. Willing to share their experiences. Willing to let others into their lives and, I believe, this makes for a less lonely world. I know for me, when I see words written across the screen, in a book or even said out loud, I'm so comforted to know that someone else knows how I feel.
I don't know this women and I hope I didn't cross the lines of blogging rules, but I posted on her site anyway. Thanking her for her words. Again, may be crossing the lines, but here I go, This quote sums it up, "You see, I do not place my trust in the outcome. I don't trust that He'll bring me great things in this life or that all my babies will be healthy. I don't trust that He'll always, or even often, do things my way. I trust Him to do what is best... ALL the time. He can see what I cannot. Trying to understand Him based on what I see is like trying to explain the ocean based on a single drop of salt water. I trust Him. Not His gifts. Not the pain. Not the happiness. Not the normalcy. Not the comfort. Certainly not the health. Just Him. His heart. His Word. His promises. Him. Because He and He alone will be the same yesterday, today, and forever" Emily at Really Living.
At the beginning of her post she sited Hebrews 13:8
"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever"
Yes, He is.
So, as we go through this life, clinging to God's promises. Cherishing the joy and growing through the pain. We know that we are not going it alone. First and foremost we have God. Second, we have all these amazing people in this world surrounding us. When Cory was sick, I realized, that God did not put us on this earth to take care of ourselves. We are not on our own private island. We are not alone. He put us on this amazing earth with friends, family and strangers. All who can touch our lives. All who can help us through our pain, celebrate our joys and share in our laughter. I love that God created us for each other. It's like having 5 kids. I'm sure it's frustrating for Him to watch us at times as we bicker and fight. But, there's nothing like watching our kids be there for each other. Whether it's wiping a tear or belly laughing in the back seat. Nothing brings me more joy.
Thank you God for your people. Thank you for loving us so much that you placed other people in our lives to walk with us. Thank you that we are not on our own island. Thank you for giving us the bible and your truth to cling to when life doesn't seem to make sense. Thank you.
4 comments:
hey, all those women have been a huge encouragement to me...there is a network of them! amazing women, with amazing faith...that we can all relate to in one form or another. Blogland has been a form of devotions for me, honestly. I have learned so much from so many that I don't even know. Sounds crazy and kinda weird, but true.
PS. I LOVE that quote you have from 'emily at really living'!
Mere, ok so now its you making me cry! Great post, great truths. Thank you for sharing your heart! I love you!
Thanks, I needed to hear that!
Post a Comment