"I'm anxious and I'm excited! How do we do this??"
This turned out to be an amazing, amazing story. This was snow for Luke. Luke loves the snow and was sad that he had not gotten to see it this year.
Phone calls were made. Emails were sent. We checked in with every new detail. By the end of the day, Mandi had snow from 2 places and dump trucks aplenty. It. Was. AMAZING!!
By Wednesday morning, all the details were ironed out. And after talking to Luke's parents all things were a go...
Mandi, her husband and two other friends were up bright and early to meet the truck to drive up to the mountain. We were thinking they would be back between 8:30 and 9. Instead, the phone rang and Mandi said that they were taking a little longer than planned... she joked that they had tried to bring home the mountain. The 1st load was 12,000!!! lbs over what the truck could carry. Dumping that load and reloading, they were ready to go.
We all waited with great anticipation. Eager to see the snow. What would it look like? Would the weather cooperate. The whole time knowing that God had worked it all out thus far and everything would work according to his plan.
God worked out every detail, and wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow, filled to the brim, lined up to take loads to the backyard. It was done in no time and then we waited to see Luke...

The morning and afternoon is one that I will remember forever. I will hold it dear to my heart. I will thank the Lord for His goodness. For His love. For showing us that He is always here. Always. Even in the darkest of days. He is bright. He shines. He loves.Thank you Steve, Vikki, Jake, Luke and Tori for such a treasured moment. Love you!
5 comments:
That is wonderful! God bless you and the many others who worked so hard to give Luke the snow!
beautiful, absolutely beautiful...what a blessing that must have been for them and for you!
That is awesome and so sweet! What a special boy!
I LOVE this story - I read it on Luke's caringbridge site this morning but reading your version and seeing the pics to go along was awesome! So happy that God is using Luke's life for His glory - so many touched by his beautiful love and honest faith.
I seriously tear up every single time I think about it. It was so beautiful!
Post a Comment