Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Obedience

As we all stood waiting to watch Luke as he saw "his" snow, I had my arm around Mandi's shoulders and thanked her for being obedient. She laughed. I said, "no, really. Thank you!"

Because, really, when God put the thought of bringing snow to Luke on her heart, she could have said no. She could have thought it was too big. She could have pushed it aside as a crazy thought. She totally could have said nothing. Nothing.

But, she didn't. She called a friend who loves to do big things. Then, she called me. Then, she called more friends. And in turn, we started making calls. Emailing. Researching. Knowing that if God wanted this to happen. If he wanted Luke to have snow. Then, Luke would have snow and he would have it exactly when God wanted it to happen and in the way God wanted it to happen. It would work together perfectly. Because, after all, God is perfect and this was His plan.

To think that this whole thing came together in less than 24 hours is amazing. It simply would not have happened like this unless God had His hands in it. As I thought about it this morning I was realizing just how big this whole thing was...

God totally could have made it snow on Saturday. He didn't need any of us to do anything. He could have made those snowflakes fall and that, in and of itself, would have been considered a miracle. Snow for Luke. But, he didn't.

God could have brought in the fake stuff. Something that came from a machine. Something that didn't take a whole lot of work or people. That still would have been special. That still would have been cool. But, he didn't.

He didn't.

I believe it's because He's bigger than any of those plans. If he had made snow fall from the sky, that would have been special to Luke, special to his family, special to a handful. If it had come from some machine, it would have maybe added a few more from some company. Instead, He brought so many people together. By going bigger, He shared Luke's story with so many more. With the people working at Timberline. With the guy who loaded the snow. With the truck driver. With the neighbors who came to help. With the news guy who came to cover the story. With the family and friends and friends of friends. With those who donated food from a school and even Costco. With those watching the story on the news... that they continue to show over and over. With those seeing all the pictures on Facebook. With those hearing about the snow at Luke's. This story. I cannot think about it without crying. Without praising God and His perfect plan.

I continue to pray for miracles. For Luke to be healed. For God to take the cancer out of his sweet body. For Him to reach His hand down and do a miracle. And then, God says, "I am doing miracles. Everyday. I am here. Everyday. I am holding Luke. Everyday."

I am so thankful to have been a part of this amazing story. To watch as God opened the doors. To hear His steps. To see His fingerprints. I am overwhelmed how it continues to touch lives. I am so thankful to my friend's obedience. I know that one way or another God would have made this happen, he whispered in several ears last week. But, I'm thankful to have been close. To have been touched. Because, while the snow, in and of itself is such a testimony of God's love, the way in which it happened is just as important and special to my heart. I will hold it near and dear. I will cherish it. Truly, after the birth of my children, this day. Luke's snow day. Was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. Ever.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Meredith, the Snow for Luke touched SO many people. God wanted this to be huge and it WAS! I cried every time I saw the video, the pictures, or even shared the story. Oh, if I could only get through the stories without the tears! <3

annaliese said...

you are so right. miracles are happening. and I am definitely still praying for more. this is such a beautiful story. I cannot read it or watch it enough. and also, always with tears. thank you, for once again, capturing and amazing moment so beautifully in words.

Eryn said...

me too...what a special amazing God day. Beautiful!

Julie D. said...

Mere, I've been meaning to thank you again for asking us to be a part. It was one of, if not the most moving experiences of my life. I don't personally know the Jensens, just feel like I do because of all of you, whom I love... love them. I just met Vikki for the first time at your house on your bday. Praying from a distance the last several years has felt somewhat difficult when all I want to do his reach out and hug them and serve, as if they were MY friends. Thank you, for asking us to directly be a part. It was exciting for Connor to have a visual of who he has been praying for. thank YOU for being obedient with mandy and for dreaming big. you both are amazing friends.