Thursday, March 11, 2010

I've Been...

Painting...



And surprising...


Mom turned 65 this year and Dad thought it would be a perfect year to celebrate and surprise her. About 30 friends and family gathered to celebrate and it was so wonderful to see the joy and surprise on Mom's face.

Visiting with old friends...


And family...


Chris, Kristin and the kids were able to come help us celebrate. They came on Friday and left Monday and truth be told, I would have loved to have them stay a week or more. It was such a blessing to be able to sit and visit and laugh hysterically. I had forgotten how funny my brother is and love every second with he and his amazing wife. The kids had so much fun playing with their cousins and we were all sad to watch them pull away.

Celebrating...


We also got to celebrate our sweet princess in February. Ella is now 5 and was sure to usher in the year with lots of sass and attitude. Thankfully, there's lots of sweetness and compassion in her as well :)


Lots...


We not only had a family party while all my family was in town, but we got to celebrate with all her friends AND again with Uncle Nathan and Aunt Traci.

Laughing...


And crying...


Please be praying for our sweet friends!

In awe...


And amazement...


Filled...


My family brings me such joy and there is nothing better than watching their love tanks get full! Cory has been able to take each of the kids to a Blazer game. They leave so excited and come home glowing.

Running...

I have found a new passion. I started running a couple of months ago using the couch to 5K program. I've loved every second. From the peace and beautiful runs in the country... that leave me in awe of God. To being able to actually complete something... I will NEVER be completely done with laundry. I will NEVER have a completely clean house. My children will NEVER be perfect. I see very little every actually completed. BUT, I can always run further or faster. I can see success in just run. And I'm so very thankful to have friends who will run with me and push me and those who I can run with and encourage.

And raising...


The Lays saying that "no one can eat just one"? Well, with chickens, "no one can get just one... or 10... or even 15. Yes, we are the proud owners of 26! chicks. Addicted much? Maybe. But, I do rationalize by saying the we do go through 5 dozen eggs a week. And because we are who we are, we do not have just one, or two, or even 3 different kinds. Nope. We've got 13... australorps, buff orpingtons, golden laced wyandottes, golden sex links, black sex links, barred rock, white leghorn, california whites, blue andulusions, dark rhode island reds, welsummers, new hampshire reds, and americaunas. When they all start laying, we'll have brown, white and blue/green eggs.

Nursing...



Sweet Caden fell out of one of our trees a week and a half ago. I count it a blessing that he is almost 9 and this was my first scary mom moment with him. He fell about 10 feet and from what we can figure out, landed on his face on a cement block/rock. I imagine God cradleing him as he fell... he did NOT break anything. He did not have a concussion. He walked away bruised, battered and with 6 stitches.

And loving...


Cory took a couple of alpacas to a show and kept them at our house overnight. We loved getting a little taste of what it will be like having alpacas at our house some day.

I have enjoyed every second of this deep breath. Every second of peace. Every second of God's blessings. Of course there are days when I want to run away. Where I can not handle one more scream of my children. One more whine. But, at the end of the day, I wouldn't trade it for anything. My children. My family. My friends... I am blessed beyond words.

6 comments:

Tamara said...

Beautiful post - great pictures - I've been missing you!

Kelli said...

I've enjoyed catching up and seeing into your world...thanks for sharing. And I continue to be amazed by God through your stories...wow, about Caden!!!!

Beth E. said...

Wow...what a great post. I love to hear about your family!

I'm glad to hear that Caden is okay. Poor little guy. We've been to the ER on several occasions with both of our sons. It's all about being a boy, I guess!

And now, in your spare time, you're running?! I'm totally impressed. I walk about two miles a day. I never was much of a runner, so I doubt I would start at this stage of my life. Besides...I'd give myself two black eyes! ;-)

Megan said...

Wow, you've been really busy, huh? lol Looks like you had a wonderful time with your family celebrating your mom and Ella!

I had no idea there were so many types of chicks / chickens!! How fun for you guys though!!

Poor Caden! Wowzers! SO glad that he wasn't hurt worse and just came out with some battle wounds that he can show off to all of his friends!

I really wish I could run. I have such bad knees though that it just seems impossible. That's so awesome, though, that you've been able to take up that new hobby / exercise routine. And it looks like you live in quite a beautiful place with lots of awesome scenery!

Praying for Luke and his family!!

Julie D. said...

oh wow, I didn't know that happened to caden! how scary. so glad he is okay. So glad that you are loving running. I had never thought about the fact that it is something that I can 'finish'. Its true, I think that IS why i love it so much. Nothing else is ever 'finished' in my life. Keep running, friend. let's run together some day.

Audrey said...

Thanks for sharing all that you've been up to! I didn't know that happened to Caden, either. Scary stuff. Glad you guys are well.

Also, thanks for bringing us dinner a while back. It hit the spot and was so nice to see you, even if it was just for a little while.