Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Perfect Day?

Yesterday...

I had zero energy after returning from my workout.

I showered, put on sweats and fed the kids.

I downloaded pictures off the computer... from 2006!

I nostalgically browsed through 2007,8,9 and10.

Cory came home early. Puking.

I had no desire to fix anything for dinner.

It felt like a ho-hum day.

And then, while laying in bed I realized.

Yesterday.

My kids played nicely all day.

Cole and Caden played Monopoly for 4 hours.

Jackson and Ella played teenager. (Oh how I wish I had pictures to share of that one!)

Brenton and I played with the cowboy, cowgirl and horse from the Lincoln Logs.

Then, we snuggled.

I made mac and cheese for dinner with strawberries for dessert.

My kids all thanked me profusely and ate every bite.

I had a wonderfully quiet evening sitting on the floor next to the couch. Staying close to my sweet husbands side.

There was nothing exciting about our 1st official day of spring break... other than Ella getting a fat lip from falling!

But, it was my kind of perfect.

No fighting.

Just loving.

And playing.

I'll take that any day of the week!

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Sounds like a great yesterday!

Beth E. said...

Sounds wonderful....well, except for the puking and fat lip parts! ;-)

Eryn said...

sounds great...i love it! We just got strawberries at costco today, and they just tasted so so good!

Liz Harlow said...

Wonderful! It's the little things at the end of the day that warm our hearts! My kids have been devouring strawberries here! :-)

Unknown said...

You are amazing, Meredith. I love to see how God works through you. I love those days where things are low key, but everything goes just right. Love you!