I have a secret.
I love to tell my kids.
I tell them they can't tell anyone about my secret.
I walk over.
Whisper in their ear.
"I love you with all my heart!"
They love to joke about my secret...
"Mom, I'm gonna tell Jackson!!!"
"No. You can't!!! It's a SECRET!!"
I always lose...
Now, when I say I have a secret, Ella says,
"I know. You love me."
"WHO told you???"
"Jackson."
Yesterday, she was coloring at the kitchen counter.
I told her I had a secret.
"I know. You love me."
I walked over.
Whispered in her ear.
"You are AMAZING."
She looked up at me with big bright eyes...
"Thanks Mom!"
"I love your kind heart."
She wrapped her arms around my neck...
"I am so thankful for you."
She just glowed.
I love that she is my only girl. I love that I can say to her...
"You are the best daughter in the whole world!!!"
To which she replied...
"You are the best mom ever!"
Thank you Lord for my sweet, kind hearted, wonderful little girl!
8 comments:
those curls and the smiles...oh and the beauty! fab!
Did she sleep in rollers? Her hair is too cute! Glad to see you blogging again, I've missed you ;-)
oh man, that is just too cute! What a sweetheart you have and what a wonderful mom you are. You are so blessed to have a sweet little girl!
my mom whispers "I love you the most, but don't tell the others"
that what she says to all of us and we all believe her.
That girl is seriously a beauty! Her smile is so infectious, I am smiling now!
Love you, miss you and I think you area fabulous mom.
She is precious! I love her curly hair...it's beautiful.
You are a GREAT mom. I love the way you encourage your children. Your "secrets" are a wonderful idea. :o)
Lovin those curls! And the secrets too!
Oh what a beauty!
Love that you mix up the secrets. I get the "I know, you love me" too. Love your way of encouraging them. They will always remember how that their mom loves them and thinks they're awesome!
Awwww, such a sweetie!
Post a Comment