After hiding away in my laundry room and folding the long neglected towels I came downstairs to find Brenton shoving handfuls of mini-marshmallows in his mouth. Nice. Apparently his lunch of hot dog and pears was not good enough for him. Really nice.
Or maybe I could have had a sign when I walked into the kids bathroom to see Brenton's face covered in toothpaste. His hands were a brilliant white and his tummy and legs were looking pasty as well. Really. Not kidding.
Amazingly, I'm sure by the grace of God, I have not lost it today. I'm actually smiling at the fact that my child is a crazy handful. He is mischievous. He is curious. He is a dumper. Maybe he'll be a scientist someday. The benefit in all of it? My kids are getting really good at cleaning up his messes. If they argue that they didn't make the mess so they shouldn't have to clean it up, I come back with, "that's fine. I don't get your clothes dirty or make your bathroom all dirty either. I can go ahead and not clean those up." Aren't I compassionate?
So, as I waste another day on trying to get my house in order, I'll leave with a glance at this great picture. The kids were giving each other back rubs and back scratches this morning. What perfect kids I have.
I'll also just sit here and wish I would have asked for a sign. If I had I would have such a great excuse to give to my sweet, wonderful and God fearing husband. Sorry honey, God said so.
10 comments:
Oh my goodness...the things to look forward to! I love the pics of your sweet threesome, though. I missed you at MOMs this morning, sorry it was spent cleaning messes!
Hey, I forgot to ask if I can bring anything on Saturday? Just let me know...anything!
So when we were talking on the phone this morning about motivating ourselves to get some things done around the house, you took that literally? All I did was upload songs to my iPod! I guess I should I go clean my bathroom now...
My sweet angelic grandson would NOT make messes like that!! His Uncle Chris totally plugged Sam & Cindy's plumbing when he was that age a flushed (or tried to anyway) an entire roll of unwound toilet paper down their toilet!! Must run in the family!!
love it!
I love this post! So real and so funny. I clean and clean just to find the same mess there at the end of the day. I guess I should ask for a sign every day. I wonder what He would tell me.
Oh you make me feel normal! thank you!
I so missed you at MOMS! I had to hike around my piles to get to MOMS.
A reminder that I tell myself: I can't take my house, or any earthly items to heaven just my villians....Oh, I mean my sweet, angel children.
LOVE IT!!
and I especially love the backrubs, but why weren;t you at the front of the line??
missed you this morning!
Ah, thanks for the laugh...I have a nice visual of a sweet little B face chock full of marshamallows to help me fall asleep!
Hope everyone is feeling better! You were missed today!
Okay.... I absolutely LOVE the picture of the toilet paper. Maybe there is hope that what I live is normal?
Post a Comment