
In the beautiful blue waters of Cabo San Lucas, while I swam next to my amazing husband, I said these words...
Happy Anniversary!
It's not really our anniversary. Not yet anyway. Not until August 8th. But, I figured, it's not far off and I loved being in the same place that we were 12 years ago. 12 years! I can't believe it.
The last time we were on these shores with no children, we were practically children ourselves. 21 (me) and 22 (Cory). So young. So in love. So much ahead of us.
I cherished every single day of our trip. Enjoying the peace. Enjoying the fact that I did not get stressed at all. Enjoying the fact that I didn't have to cut any one's food up or eat cold food because of doing said task. Enjoying the fact that I could just reach over and hold my love's hand as we walked wherever it was that we were going. Enjoying the fact that we could have a conversation without being interrupted (well, mostly, there were still vendors on the beach that required many "no, thank you's"). Cherishing it all. Soaking it all in. Because, if it's another 9 years before we get another kid free vacation, I will want to remember this for as long as I can...









We spent the week at a house that our friend's parents own. 3 beds. 4 baths. Beautiful view. Infinity pool on the roof. 5 minutes from the closest beach.

We ate dinner out. We ate dinner at home. We went to the beach every single day. We ate lots of chips and guacamole (well, I did anyway!) I read 3 whole books and one entire magazine! We laughed until we cried and cried until we laughed.




We got to spend the week with some amazing friends. Friends who we've known forever. Some we've known well and the others that we were so blessed to get to know better.











We were so blessed by this trip and I couldn't help but look around and see God everywhere. Filled with awe and wonder at the fact that He did not have to make it so beautiful here. This is not it. It's not heaven. And yet, He did. He gave us crystal clear water. And Land's end. And the arch. And amazing sunsets. And white sandy beaches. And guacamole :)






So thankful for an amazing trip. So thankful for amazing friends... friends we vacationed with and the amazing friends that cared for our children while we were gone. Thankful for Cory's sister and brother in law who also loved on our kiddos. Thankful to come home and wrap my arms around my sweets babes. Thankful for it all!
6 comments:
Oh, it looks so amazing! So happy you got a wonderful vacation, you two deserve it!
That sounds and looks amazing! I'm so very happy for you! What a way to celebrate 12 years!!! Happy Anniversary...almost. :-)
Happy Anniversary!!!! I love Cabo, looks like you had a blast :)
Wow! Wonderful husband, beautiful water, friends, laughter, guacamole...now that's what I call a vacation. So glad you had a great time. Hugs!
heaven!!!
Such a well deserved vacation for you guys! You both look amazing.....totally remember that special day and am glad I was there to witness it! :o)
Post a Comment