Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Fun And A Little Sun

Wacky. Wild. Crazy hair day...
Jack took the above pictures...
From half and half, to crazy mohawk's and even the reverse... Even got a little Papa Scott thrown in... Caden had crazy hair day on Monday, so he, Jack and Brent all decided to get crazy. Brent still has his mohawk, but Caden and Jack are now completely bald and completely cute. In other news, we have had a few nice days thrown in with some entirely soggy ones. We are sure to appreciate any sun and dryness that comes our way and the kids are LOVING playing outside. Eating outside. And yes. Dare I say? Peeing outside! The boys were walking home from the bus the other day and as I glanced out the kitchen window I saw each of them take their respective spots behind 2 trees. Oh, the joys of boys... The sun is brightening just about everyone's mood and the kids play so much better together. Ella and Brenton had so much fun just being outside yesterday and even found a little friend... On Saturday, Cory was able to plant some tomatoes, tomatillos and other seeds in the dry part of our garden. Yes. I said the dry part. The other part is currently completely soggy... maybe we could grow rice?? Doesn't that grow in wet fields? Or a cranberry bog? What we have discovered to be a wonderful cherry tree. And to think Cory wanted to cut this one down... Savoring the sun. Still being thankful for the rain. After all, the beauty we see in the trees, grass and even the garden would not be possible without it. I'm trying to ignore the fact the we are getting webbing between our toes and that we have moss behind our ears. I'm really trying to savor the sweet rain. I even found it funny that when I was running in the mugginess the other day that I actually prayed for it to rain! Oh, silly girl!

8 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Love the hair cuts. Anna told me all about Jack's. :)

And oh how we love the sunny days! Steve is gone all week, and when the sun shines it just makes the days go so much better and not seem as long.

annaliese said...

LOL! those hair pictures are hilarious! what fun!!! my son would love being able to do that before getting it all cut off for summer :) super cute frog too ;)

Kelli said...

Glad you're able to enjoy bits of sun. The crazy hair day looks like a lot of fun!

Sassy said...

I so admire you! My boys aren't old enough to request haircuts like that but when they are I hope I'm brave enough to let them try it! What a cool mom you are!

We have gotten a ton of rain too. Our ground is completely flooded and at one time we even a a "creek" running down the side of our driveway. :( We can both pray for sunshine!

Beth E. said...

The haircuts must have been a hit at school! We always shaved our boys' heads in the summer, when they were young.

What is it about boys and peeing outside? I used to keep a couple of boys during the summer and after school. One day I looked outside to see all four of them lined up on our back porch, peeing away! Sheesh...

We had about three years of a severe drought. After that time - and being placed on mandatory water restrictions for 6 mos., we learned to be grateful for every drop of rain we get (and last year we had lots of those drops!).

I hope things dry out a little for you, and that your garden grows well.

Cherries??? Yummmm!

Amy said...

OMG with the haircuts. Too funny. And I have to tell you that I didn't recognize Jack until the 7th picture. I'm looking at it going, who is this kid? Did they adopt another child and not tell me?? He has changed SO much! BTW I LOVE the "Papa Scott" 'do! And the frog that Ella and B caught, so cute! It's the lifesize version of my tattoo :-) I'm soooooo excited to be there in a few weeks, my friend! Oh, another BTW, cracked up at your rice patty/cranberry bog comment! Miss you! Love you!

Running Diva Mom said...

Hey -- just found your blog and look forward to following your journey!

Momof3 said...

Those hair cuts are too funny! Love the frog.