5 years ago at this time, I had just pushed out my sweet and chubby little man. Jackson was 9 lbs. 3 oz. and until then, I didn't know that babies could be born
Jackson is full of energy and smiles. When we go on walks, he can run the whole time and not be tired. He has the most infectious smiles and we find that it's sometimes hard to discipline him when we can't hold back the laughter.
Jackson melts my heart. He has always had a twinkle in his eye... some say he's got the "dickens" in him. I say he's a charmer. He loves to give big hugs and a kind word of encouragement is all it takes to make this boy glow.
I cannot believe that my sweet baby boy is 5. I cannot believe how quickly he has gone from such a baby to such a smart, sweet and tenacious boy. He is our second born and he has learned to be assertive. He has learned how to get the spotlight... even if it's not always the good one! He keeps us on our toes.
My favorite thing to do is go in and kiss the kids right before we go to bed. As I watch them sleep in their beds the Lord is gracious enough to let all the good parts of the day go flashing through my head. I want to curl up with them and snuggle them and never let go because I know that this time will pass. Someday soon they will be big towering teenagers and they won't smell the same, from what I hear they won't act like anyone we've ever known, and they probably won't want my snuggles. So, for now, I savor these moments. I savor the moments that I can remember the good of the day and not the frustrations.
I am so thankful for Jackson. He is my sunshine. He can tell when I need a good hug... he must take after his mom. He is the best hugger! Thank you Lord for blessing me and our family with this boy. Thank you for every bit of him...
Happy Happy Birthday My Sweet Boy!!!
3 comments:
Big Boy! We love Jackson! happy Birthday buddy!
Sweet post, made me teary! I don't want to think about smelly teenagers who don't want to snug with their mommy. :(
What a cutie! You are going to have some many sweet young girls interested in that wild young man!
what a beatiful tribute to him - you are such a thoughtful and nurturing mom!
great post...I love using my blog as a journal so even if no one ever reads it I can go back and reread it myself to remember the great times and smiles we've had together...
Post a Comment