Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Day of School and Party Fun

I laid in bed last night dreading this morning. Dreading 6:30 am. Dreading homework. Dreading school. I love the summer. I love having my kids home. Of course, call me around lunchtime and I'm ready to run away. But for the most part, I love summer. I love lazy mornings. I love letting the kids stay up a little later. I hate homework. Seriously, wasn't I done with homework when I graduated from college? Haven't I done enough homework? And yet, I know, that my sweet 7th grader will come home with 7th grade math and I will be sitting there scratching my head and really wishing that my sweet husband were home because I was not made with enough fingers and toes to do this kind of math. But, here we are the first day of school. Truly as I rolled out of bed I liked 6:30. The kids caught the bus at 7:25 and by 7:45 all the kids were fed and I was sitting down to drink my morning cup of coffee. For a girl that hates being late all the time and always feels 10 steps behind, I truly enjoyed feeling efficient for once in my life. I'm sure that by 3:00 I will be crashing fast and crabby as all can be, but right now, I'm loving 6:30. Before the kids left for the bus stop I took their 1st day of school pictures. I love their expressions. Caden was too cool for school. Not wanting to look excited as someone was walking by the house when I took his picture. I felt like such an old mom as I said, "cut it out, I'm not embarrassing you!" Apparently I was. Cole on the other hand, was giddy all morning. He was loving and hugging on us and was so excited for his 1st day. His smile says it all. I love my boys! And even though, Jack is not going to have a "1st day of school" this year, he still wanted his picture taken as well... love you too Jack!




On to birthday fun, we had the family party last night and when I asked Jack what he wanted for dinner he said, "pancakes!". "Are you sure? We had those for breakfast?" "YEP! I want pancakes." So, we had pancakes for both breakfast and dinner. Who doesn't love pancakes? He was so excited to get a new bike so that his knees will no longer hit his chin when he rides and was even more excited to get some slip on shoes. This boy loves slip on shoes so I was so excited when I found some "vans" type slip ons. His grin was the biggest when he opened these shoes!

Apparently, he wasn't having fun!!

1 comment:

meleea said...

pancakes twice in one day sounds fabulous!! especially if some of them had chocolate chips in them or peanut butter on top with syrup - yum - i am hungry just thinking of it.

love the first day of school photos - i can so relate - it is such a mix of feelings!!

by the way - you and are not sitting next to each other again at a meeting - we can sit across from each other and make faces - maybe that will keep us out of trouble! kisses -