and other tales of a wife, mom, daughter and friend constantly being molded and stretched by God
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Because I Got Nothin'
Because I can't get my mind off of Luke and his family...
Because anything I think to blog about seems silly to even post...
Because, sometimes, it's just easier to be completely silly...
And post about my chickens. My 24 girls. And 2 boys.
The chickens that just figured out that they CAN cross our driveway...
The chickens that made me wonder what in the world that noise was at my front door...
The chickens that love to come over to the house in the morning and then head back over to "their" side of the property for the rest of the day...
The chickens that I love to watch run across the yard. Heads down. Wings out. They make me laugh...
Oh, sweet chickens. Each one with a different personality...
Roo, the protector...

And the only one who will hold still long enough for me to take his picture!
There's Cheese, Camo, Rose, Angel times 4 cause we can't tell them apart, Woody, Georgia, Georgina, Blue, Buddy, Red, Ruby, Roseanne, Roxanne, Wellie, Willie, Lucy, Blossom, and more that we just can't tell apart (poor girls just get called pumpkin and love)
First thing in the morning Caden and I head out to open the coop. When we open the door they file out. Flying. Running. Chasing each other into the field. Eating up whatever is so tasty so early in the morning. We stand watching for awhile. Soaking up our special time together. Both loving the one on one. (Is it a bit sad that one on one time with my son comes while taking care of the chickens?) These days, I'll take whatever sweet time I can get!
There's my silliness. My chickens. My one on one time with my son. Much much easier than going deep...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I was a little afraid to read your blog, because it might make me cry...but chickens I can do! I actually told matt yesterday that I might want some again!
Go deep, my friend. And then head on over with that bottle of wine.
Love you.
I was thinking like your friend Eryn that I may cry when reading your blog, but I was prepared. I think of Luke and his family and you often, even though I did not know that as you did. My heart is with you and with the Jensens.
Love the chickens! So cute! I would love to see more pics of your new house too!
Love-Liz
Can't get my mind off the Jensen's either. But....I do love looking at your silly chickens. I love that you LOVE them so much!
Post a Comment