Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Hunting We will Go...

A hunting we will go, A hunting we will go, Hi-ho the derry-O, A hunting we will go! I LOVE getting our tree. Beautiful cold wintry days. Gorgeous trees. Animals to gaze upon. The sights. The smells. Beautiful. Not only do we get to hunt for the perfect tree, but I also get to "hunt" for the perfect shots of my kids... weaving in and out of the trees, holding hands as they help each other, they often don't even know I'm on the prowl... until I yell, "do that again. It was cute!" We searched close to our new home this year. And while our tree wasn't quite as tall as I would have liked, it still is perfect. The perfect size for the kids to help decorate. The perfect size for the amount of lights we have. And I must say, perfect sitting in our new family room. I love this time of year. Twinkling lights. Christmas music. Celebrating Jesus. Praising God. Waiting for snow. Frosty mornings. Ice puddles. And red noses. Frigid nights. Wintry sunsets. And family snuggles. Simply beautiful!

2 comments:

Eryn said...

LOVE the pics! What tree place did you go to?

Meredith said...

Hilltop... it's up on the hill :)