It's been one of those mornings. One in which, I sit here, ready to eat my arm off, but shaking from the stress of the morning and just needing some deep breaths before I tackle lunchtime... rather, the kids are fed and humming away while they enjoy every morsel. I'm just holding out until I can eat in peace. No sharing. No cold food that's meant to be hot. Just me. My lunch. And quiet.
I should've known today would be like this when sweet B came in for our morning snuggle, crying. We could NOT understand what it was that he was so upset about and finally, after waking all his siblings, we figured out, he had peed his pants and wanted his boo (aka Blanket) and bears.
I should've known what today would be like when I went to get dressed and felt like I had bricks in my arms and legs. When my bed, that has been so neatly made everyday (yes. Everyday.) since we moved, beckoned, and stayed unmade. When I arrived at Ella's preschool at close to 9:30 (it starts at 9). When I realized that 9:45 was way too late to arrive at Jazzercise (it starts at 9:30).
And although my head and body were already done by this point, I pressed on. Off to find Cole one of his birthday presents. Putting pressure on myself to find just the right item. Stressing that he might not like it. Crabby because I HATE making such decisions and having the entire weight of him liking it on MY shoulders. No other opinions. Just me. My sweet B (who continuously collapsed in the aisles of the store). And the sweet lady working in the shoe department. Tired, but not wanting to sit on the little bench RIGHT by me, B continued to whine about going home. I continued to wish we could go home too. We were a lovely pair. Lovely.
I finally settled. Practically having to drag B to the cashier. Ready to throw in the towel.
Off to Target where I truly could not for the life of me remember why I had to walk through those doors. I told B once and thankfully he remembered. I continued to ask him, "why are we here??" Oh, right. I needed treats for the advent calender. And a hands free device. And who knows what else.
Bags in hand. Done with our mission. We headed to the car. Glad to have a hands free device I decided to give it a try. Crap. It sucked. I could hear NOTHING! I unbuckled Brent. Walked back into the store. Returned the lovely device. Carried Brent to the back of the store. Loathed the rest of the options. Decided I just will NOT talk on the phone while driving. And headed BACK out the door.
Buckled Brent. Slid BACK into my seat. Reached for my sunglasses in my purse. CRAP! I left them in the store. Unbuckled Brent. AGAIN. Walked into the store. AGAIN. Got said glasses and headed BACK out the door.
Seriously.
In a sweat. Windows rolled down (it's 39 degrees). We drive to school. Get Ella, who seems to have broken her ears while at school. Load into the car. Buckle Brent. Tap tap on the window.
"Do you know where the Episcopal church is?"
"No, I'm sorry I don't. The only one I know of is downtown."
"Oh. I have some baby things to donate and forgot the address."
"They may be able to help you in the office. It's through the door over there."
"That's okay."
It broke my heart to watch her go to get back in her car. She appeared to be in her mid 80's. Having a hard enough time getting in and out of her own car. Knowing she didn't want to take the walk across the parking lot. I offered to go ask.
"Yes. Please."
Unbuckling Brent once again. And Ella too. Off we went.
We got directions. Wrote them down. And headed BACK out the door. Back to help the sweet lady. Back to the car. Back to the carseat. Buckling Brent once AGAIN.
I'm tired. I've got baking to do. Laundry that beckons. A cheesecake to make today for Cole's birthday Friday. Lunch to eat and dinner to make.
I'm pooped. Ready for bedtime. Ready to start over. Thankful that there will be NO MORE buckling and unbuckling for the rest of the day! Praise the Lord.
***I had to laugh. Or I would have cried... As I sat down to eat my lunch in the quiet, I saw a bus drive down the road. Holy COW! I had completely forgotten that my kids get out early on Wednesdays. Crap. I guess I'll get quiet after bedtime.***
6 comments:
we should have just huddled together in one bed today and let our kids fend for themselves. I can SO relate!!!!!
I think I may go to bed the moment Steve walks through the door.
BLESS.YOUR.HEART! This wore me out just reading it!
Tomorrow's a brand new day. Try to get some rest tonight, sweetie!
Hugs,
Beth
P.S. Hop over to my blog...I'm having a giveaway!
THIS is the day that the Lord has made... you know, it is exactly these kind of days that make the good smooth sweet happy easy ones all the more great... my grandpa told me as a little girl, "Without an occasional rainy day, the sunshine would grow very tedious" - I love that quote of his and I would say that this was a "rainy" day that makes you appreciate your "sunny" ones... hope you had a better evening!
You totally should have ate those choco chips! But good for you for being strong. That I am not, when it comes to sweets. Why is it that everything always happens on the same day?! I LOVE eating my lunch alone, in piece and quiet, but all three of mine are always home at lunch time, so its hard to come by. I stay up way too late every night because it is the only time I get my quiet alone time. Tomorrow is going to be a good day, I just know it!
p.s.
Did Corey tell you I saw him at Target on Tuesday?
I didn't realize when you called me that morning that the rest of your day wasn't going to get much better! You're such a good mom. A good friend. A good person (you blessed that little old lady). I love ya!
BTW, have you thought about how long it's been since we've seen each other? I think it was last December... I can't believe how long your hair has gotten! I don't think I told you how much I loved the pictures Nikki took of you guys. It made me cry a little to see you all and remember how much I miss you.
Love you.
Post a Comment