Thursday, December 10, 2009

God's Goodness

Back in April we fell in love with a house. An old farmhouse on 4 acres. Four acres that would be perfect for our family to run and play on. Playing on the tire swing, exploring the old barn, hiding in the trees. We prayed for doors to open. Knowing that it could only happen IF God worked some miracles...

Doors started opening. Wide. It was crazy! Things fell into place and we made an offer. It was a short sale, so we knew it wouldn't be quick. However, after our offer was accepted by the owners, it sounded like things would, indeed, move quickly.

From the beginning, my biggest fear was that we were relying on the fact that we would be able to rent our house. THIS was my biggest concern. I'd seen the numbers on paper. Everything worked. We just NEEDED to rent our house. And from the beginning, Cory continued to say, "if God makes all these other doors open, I know that he will open that door too." Renting our house was the least of his concerns...

Weeks past. Months past. Finally, one day, after very specific prayers, we decided to pull out of our offer. That house had become much more about the house. Not what was perfect for our family. It became something I was very proud to show to family and friends. It was not God's best for us...

We toured several more houses. Made offers on a couple more. Then, one Saturday morning, while Cory was out of town, I stumbled upon this house. I knew, instantly, that it would be perfect for our family. I also knew that there was no way that we would get it. After all, in my head, there was no way that the bank would not get way more than what they were asking for. We offered what we could and left it to God...

Amazingly, our offer was accepted. Amazingly, when problems were found in the inspection, the bank agreed to fix all of them. Amazingly, doors swung wide open. Amazingly, God was quick to remind me that He had it all taken care of. Every. Step. Of. The. Way.

When I was anxious about changing schools and he gave me familiar faces.

When I met the new teachers and knew they would be a perfect fit.

When we moved in and it instantly felt like home.

When my children loved their first day of school.

When we found out our neighbors have a wonderful 8 year old boy.

When we got a call from someone wanting to rent our house.

And another.

And another.

There were several times when the fear would creep in.

A few nights before we moved I layed in bed. Fearful. Sobbing. Wondering if we were doing the right thing. Afraid that we were about to make a huge mistake. Afraid that we would not be able to find anyone to rent our house. Completely full of fear. Then, I was VERY clearly reminded. Fear is NOT of the Lord. The anxiety in my stomach was NOT coming from the Lord. The feeling of wanting to vomit? Not from the Lord. The panic? Definitely NOT from the Lord. He simply does NOT work like that. God was patient that night and very clearly reminded me of all that He had done. Every door that had been opened was layed before me. I fell asleep that night knowing 2 things. 1. I had just been attacked by Satan. 2. God was WAY more powerful. And the peace that came over me was like a breath of fresh air.

We were at church one Sunday after we had moved. A friend came up and asked how the new house was...

Perfect!

You mean, it would be perfect if your other house was rented out too, right?

Nope. That would be beyond perfect.

The thought hadn't even crossed my mind. The peace that has been ever present in our new home is amazing. Even among the chaos and craziness that is our life, there is just an amazing sense of peace. It is simply indescribable.

About a month ago, Cory showed the house to a couple moving into town. They really seemed to like our house and Cory really seemed to think that they would be "the ones". He just had a good feeling about them. A week or so later, they called again. They were the ones. They loved it. It would be perfect for them. All the way down to Ella's pink room.

God has worked out every detail involved. Things that NEVER would have worked out had we tried to do it on our own. I am so very thankful. Thankful for the new home. Thankful for the new schools. Thankful for the new friends. Thankful for the beautiful sunsets. Thankful for daily reminders of God's love. Thankful that He loves us so stinkin' much!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

He does love us so stinkin much...more than we can ever imagine. I'm so glad you were obedient to His plan. And yes, I love Captivating so far.

Tamara said...

Great pillar in your testimony - glad you are writing down these powerful reminders of God's faithfulness - you will never be able to look at your life without seeing God's fingerprints and footprints all over it - and that is powerful in your heritage! Glad you are being blessed immensely where you are.

Lee Ann said...

And we're so thankful you're here!!!!